Thursday, June 20, 2013

Today I'm thankful for multi-tasking while watching an incredible NBA playoffs game last night, after one of my beautiful Carleton roommates called me to update me on a couple things going on in her life and make me tear up from her saying how blessed she was by the songs I sent her. Just trying to let God work through me, and I'm thankful for her friendship even if we flow in and out of staying in touch!
 
I'm thankful for a really adorable Zumba class that I got to sub for at the Senior Center - two had never Zumba-ed before, and one of them was this sweetheart from Peru that started talking a mile a minute once she learned I could speak a little castellano, as she said. 

And after a solid workday that ended around 1, I'm thankful for the flexibility to do work-related things but pursue errands and also just be outside! Best discovery of the day: the wifi at my house works outside so I can work on a picnic blanket. Thank you, Minnesota summer, "I'm glad you came."
 
Oh, and tonight, I had my first dinner date in a long time with my fellow alum-bum as we reflected on our past year around Northfield and thoughts on God and entrusting our future to God over curry. And full of spice, I got to transition to a night of Latin dancing and good conversation with a new friend. What a summer this is shaping up to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment